Why do we need supplements in some situations?
We humans depend on an array of different nutrients in order to thrive and be able to prevent various diseases. However, even with a healthy and balanced diet there may be circumstances that call for the use of supplements:
- Depleted soil typically lacks minerals and trace elements
- The process of refining, boiling, frying, and exposing food to other types of thorough preparation reduces its content of many different nutrients
- In our part of the world, we are unable to synthesise vitamin D from sunlight during the winter period
- Environmental pollution, stimulant abuse, and the use of medicine challenges the body's immune defence and cleansing organs
- Stress, pregnancy, lactation, age, disease, and high-performance sports activities often increase the need for a number of different nutrients