A main meal should ideally stabilize your blood sugar and provide 4-5 hours of satiety (possibly helped by a little snack). If you are still hungry, you may need more protein and less carbohydrate. If you have egg(s) with breakfast, you are better off choosing a different protein source for lunch.
- 1-2 boiled eggs with a slice of whole-grain bread and vegetables (e.g. tomato, cucumber, root vegetables). Alternatively, an omelet.
- 1 slice of whole-grain bread with approximately 75 grams of cold fish cuts such as tuna, herring, or salmon with vegetables
- Porridge with linseeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon. You may want to include an egg to achieve more satiety.
- A large salad with vegetables in season and a protein source like chicken, fish, shrimp or eggs plus vinaigrette dressing.
- Avocado with shrimp and tomatoes
- Dinner leftovers
- 1 steak (e.g. salmon, cod, chicken, lamb, or beef) and a freshly prepared salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Chicken with mushrooms and steamed vegetables
- A smoked herring with fresh, lightly cooked asparagus or vegetables of the season plus a slice of whole-grain bread/coarse rye bread
- Banana and some walnuts
- Whole-grain bread with peanut butter or cold cuts
- A small, delicious smoothie to stabilize your blood sugar.